ABOUT PCR MACHINING, INC.
Currently, PCR Machining, Inc. is proud to be bringing the third generation of family members into the picture. These partners are dedicated to continued modernization and improvements across all areas of the business—from advancing our quality system, to investing in new machinery, to improved communication with our customers and vendors. We respect our company history and look forward to many more decades of bringing excellent machining value to our customers.
The company was founded in 1923 under the name Clawson & Bals, Inc., in Chicago, Illinois. Clawson & Bals specialized in the manufacture and re-manufacture of connecting rods and other components for the automotive industry. In 1947, Bohn Aluminum & Brass Corporation bought Clawson & Bals, continuing with the manufacture of connecting rods, as well as bearings, rings, and pistons. In 1951, Bohn Aluminum sold the company, at which time it was renamed Precision Connecting Rod Service. In 1954, Harold Farrar joined the management team.
The company was officially incorporated in 1967, at which time Harold's son, Richard Farrar, assumed the mantle of leadership. In 1997, the corporation moved to our present location in Broadview, Illinois, for the purpose of expanding and modernizing to better serve our customers' needs. In 2006, the company adopted the name PCR Machining, Inc., to signal to our customers that we make more than just connecting rods.